The Green Way Of Mold Removal

 

What do you do if you suspect the presence of mold in your home, or can see visible mold? We all know mold can be a grave danger and it needs to be eradicated. Don’t watch other people catch illness from mold and think that can never happen to me or my family, because it can. You hear about people’s homes getting infested, your friends or acquaintances having to move out for a few days for remediation, don’t think that you are never going to get the problem, anyone can find mold.

Mold spores are naturally occurring everywhere, inside and outside, so every household is basically at risk of getting mold infestation. A little bit of negligence and the mold spore sitting on certain surfaces can get the needed moisture and humidity and thus grow to be a major infestation. Using an air humidifier, kitchen steam, hot bath and poor ventilation are just some ways that give rise to mold. If you think you have mold, immediately test your home before the mold spores grow in to a major problem.

There are usually two kinds of mold:

1. Visible mold: This is when you have visible, green-ish, grey-ish or at times even black patches of mold you can see around your home. The most usual places where you can find mold are basements, kitchens and bathroom tiles, ceilings, behind walls, under carpets etc. This is not a case to worry, when you have visible mold, you can skip the inspection and initial testing process and go directly to remediation. Calling a professional mold removal company as soon as possible is your smartest call.

2. Mold you can’t find but can smell: This is the dangerous kind, the one that needs mold inspection and initial testing. Mold has a distinct musty smell and causes allergies, so, if that’s going on but you can’t locate mold, you need mold inspection and most probably mold testing of your home as well.

 

What not to do when you find mold in your home?

1. Don’t go poking it without a thought: Not all household mold is toxic, but there still are chances. Non toxic mold that is in an elevated state can cause quite a bit of harm upon exposure. Talking about exposure, you shouldn’t approach a mold spore without any safety gears, like gloves and medical masks, in special cases you will need respirators as well.

2. Don’t just leave it: Mold spores multiply really fast, and just seeing a small patch doesn’t mean there aren’t more molds present. In that case you will need a full inspection to locate the source, clean up and take care of any necessary repairs.

Designed and developed by Bitochon Technologies